MN polar BEARS TEAM
Impact Hockey's MN Polar Bears program is the premier team-based hockey development program for girls in the Twin Cities!
We work with players in a team environment, helping them develop their skills and confidence. With a focus on training and improvement of each player, the program provides a balance of individual and team development. If you want to bring the best to your game, train with the Polars Bears program!
The Polar Bears program offers girls teams up through 15U, so there's a team for players of all ages and skill levels!
Mission / Vision
- Build Skills – Players will improve individual skills and team skills through the intensive training plan developed and run by Impact Hockey.
- Love the Game – Coaches will create a positive environment, understanding a player’s love for the game feeds their drive to work on their own.
- Learn the Game – Simple systems, team concepts, and position play will be repeated so players can read & react with confidence & anticipation in the game.
Training / Team Practices /Competition
- 2-to-1 Practice-to-Game Ratio
- Individual Skills focus for 1/2 of all practices
- Team Concepts/Skills focus for all other practices
- Speed Testing for skaters and Goalie Analysis
- Games are all local in the metro area
- Optional tournament play
Tryout / Application / Invite / Referral
14 skaters & 1/2 goalies per team. Practice players may be added.
IMPACT INDIVIDUALIZED EVALUATION AND TRAINING PLANS
- Impact Hockey establishes each players baseline skill level & improvement through spring testing
- Detailed development plan is executed over course of program
- End of session re-testing
- Players can meaure their progress relative to their own scores and the group scores (scores are private to each player)
Countless research studies point to the benefits of youth participation in multiple sports, from reducing injuries to improving overall athleticism. We encourage players to develop their athleticism and learn to be a better team player through playing other sports.
- Schedule provides enough touches for each player to reach their hockey potential this off-season while leaving enough time for other sports and activities.
- We value family/life/sport balance and schedule days and times favorable for families that have multiple children involved in multiple activities.